Using product data imports through Analysis Engine, you can associate data with your products to view detailed merchandising reports in Google Analytics.
In Analysis Engine, you can use product data imports to:
- Simplify your website tagging by sending only the SKU to Google Analytics and uploading product brand, price, categories and variants
- Separate tracking of product data from IT development work by having marketing or merchandising teams handle the classifications of products
- Associate custom dimensions and metrics with products to extend analysis capabilities
- Associate individual products with their cost or profit margin and get real profit data from Google Analytics to aid merchandising teams and bring reporting closer to the bottom line
- Automate the upload of product data