With Analysis Engine, you can create sophisticated data mappings that allow you to take the reports you get from other vendors and services and automatically reformat them into the formats Google Analytics requires for data import.
- Map columns in your imported files to dimensions and metrics in Google Analytics
- Override data in your uploaded files, or add new columns to the files.
- Calculate values into new columns using the data from multiple uploaded columns.
- Concatenate values from multiple columns together to create new values to upload.
- Upload sample files to read the list of available columns and map them to Google Analytics dimensions and metrics.
- Map data to any column that you can upload to for each data type, including custom dimensions and metrics.
Together with our automated import solutions, data mappings allow you to fully automate the process of data imports and avoid wasting time formatting CSV files for import.